Winter Car Batteries
The winter season is the most likely time for a car or truck battery to die. Get ready for winter with a free car battery checkup and auto battery replacement for your car or truck. Find the best special offers of the year for battery replacement so that your car is ready to take on the winter.
Summer's excessive heat is hard on car batteries. Winter can throw a few curveballs at your car and end up leaving your vehicle with a dead battery — and you stranded. We understand how harsh the seasons can be on your vehicle and we take care to know your car. At Firestone Complete Auto Care we offer a full line of highly experienced automotive techs ready to perform your vehicle's battery maintenance for the winter ahead.
Auto Batteries and Winter Facts
- The winter season is the most likely time for a car or truck battery to die.
- Hot summers cause battery corrosion and battery fluid evaporation, setting you up with a dead battery for the winter.
- When temperatures drop, a battery's Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) capacity drops.
- Older car batteries have a hard time holding current when it's colder.
- Auto batteries perform better in warmer climates.
- Seasonal temperature changes can damage the cells in your battery, leading to battery failure in the winter.
- Preventive car battery maintenance can save you from being stranded in the winter.