Winter Car Batteries
Winter Car Batteries
The winter season is the most likely time for a car or truck battery to die. Get ready for winter with a free car battery checkup and auto battery replacement for your car or truck. Find the best special offers of the year for battery replacement so that your car is ready to take on the winter.
Summer's excessive heat is hard on car batteries. Winter can throw a few curveballs at your car and end up leaving your vehicle with a dead battery - and you stranded. We understand how harsh the seasons can be on your vehicle and we take care to know your car. At Firestone Complete Auto Care we offer a full line of highly experienced automotive techs ready to perform your vehicle's battery maintenance for the winter ahead.
Auto Batteries and Winter Facts
- The winter season is the most likely time for a car or truck battery to die.
- Hot summers cause battery corrosion and battery fluid evaporation, setting you up with a dead battery for the winter.
- When temperatures drop, a battery's Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) capacity drops.
- Older car batteries have a hard time holding current when it's colder.
- Auto batteries perform better in warmer climates.
- Seasonal temperature changes can damage the cells in your battery, leading to battery failure in the winter.
- Preventive car battery maintenance can save you from being stranded in the winter.
Winter Battery Maintenance
Car and truck batteries are most likely to fail in the winter and fall after a season of being worn down in the summer heat. Avoid the hassle of a dead battery, especially during the rougher winter months, by taking these steps:
- Get your car battery tested. Car or truck batteries 4 years old or older are at high risk of failing. Our store locator can point you to the closest location to get this free inspection.
- Keep jumper cables in your vehicle. They're compact and incredibly handy if you or someone you know is stranded with a dead car battery.
- If it's time to replace your battery, get an Interstate battery at Firestone Complete Auto Care. We trust this battery brand because they are durable, powerful and build to last.
- If you have questions about your car's battery life or how to replace a car battery, reference our library of resources on car battery care, with articles and videos about your car's electrical system, how to jumpstart a car battery, and when to change your battery.
Expert Installation for Winter Car Battery Care
From inspection to installation, we'll take care of your car battery at Firestone Complete Auto Care in a way that's safe and effective. When we handle the full service of your vehicle you can trust our auto battery warranty and specialty fail-safe installation service that keeps your car's computer and electrical system is safe and intact. Let us get to know you and your vehicle. Call or stop by to make an appointment with us today.