We use a customized machine (RTI RHS980) that has been specifically designed to test and diagnose any and all automotive A/C problems.
What's Included In An Engine Tune-Up?
We have over 2,200 ASE-certified TECHNICIANS
HOW OFTEN SHOULD MY CAR GET A TUNE-UP?
THREE SHOPS IN ONE, COMMITTED TO KEEPING YOUR CAR RUNNING NEWER, STRONGER, LONGER.
At Firestone Complete Auto Care stores we frequently meet vehicle owners who have questions. What is an engine tune-up an engine? How often should my car get an engine tune-up?
To perform a basic engine tune-up procedure, we go through a series of inspections:
- Visually inspect the engine’s fuel-system components looking to make sure the fuel filter is clean and clog-free, that a clogged filter hasn’t caused any damage to the fuel pump, and that the fuel injectors are free of deposits and other grime.
- Visually inspect the spark plugs to gauge their age and wear.
- Check spark plug performance to make sure they are functioning properly.
- As needed, replace your vehicle’s points and condenser, if applicable.
- Check and adjust the ignition timing and idle if needed.
- Check the engine’s PCV valve.
- Check the vehicle’s engine air filter and cabin air filter.
- Check oil and coolant levels.
In terms of how often an engine tune-up is needed, service requirements vary from vehicle to vehicle, and can also vary based on vehicle mileage and age. You can find a vehicle manufacturer-recommended schedule for tune-ups and other maintenance in your vehicle owner’s manual, or a Firestone Complete Auto Care tire and auto service professional can supply you with a printout upon request.
For more information about engine tune-ups, call or stop in at your neighborhood Firestone Complete Auto Care store today. We're open seven days a week and have more than 1,700 locations nationwide.