The most important reason to worry about tread wear is safety. When your tire treads are worn, your car may respond poorly in adverse weather conditions like rain and snow. With good treads, your car will grip the road better. Also, having insufficient tread is considered illegal in many states. And finally, worn treads can make other parts of your car wear prematurely.
POTENTIAL PROBLEM AREAS:
1. Excessive wear in center tread indicates
over inflation of the tire.
2. Excessive wear on shoulders may signal
problems such as under inflation of the tire.
3. Uneven tread wear indicates poor
4. Excessive wear on one side of the tire
signals incorrect camber angle.
5. If the treads on the outer section become
knobby, it may signal problems with the