Tire Warranty Options
This Limited Warranty covers new BRIDGESTONE, FIRESTONE, LEMANS, DAYTON and PRIMEWELL brand passenger and light truck tires. See “Other Brands’ Warranties” section below for applicable warranty information on different brand passenger or light truck tires purchased from Bridgestone or Firestone locations.
This Limited Warranty only applies to the original purchaser, and is valid if all the following apply:
- The tire was purchased after June 1, 2011.
- The tire is a size and speed rating equivalent to or greater than that specified by the vehicle manufacturer.
- The tire has been used only on the vehicle on which it was originally installed.
- The tire has not been used in commercial service (exception: certain coverage applies to Bridgestone Duravis and Firestone Transforce tires if used in commercial service).
BRIDGESTONE PLATINUM PACT LIMITED WARRANTY
The Platinum Pact Limited Warranty covers all Bridgestone brand passenger and light truck tires – except winter, and “temporary use” spare tires. A tire covered by the Platinum Pact Limited Warranty will be replaced with an equivalent new tire either free of charge or for a pro-rated amount if the tire becomes unusable for any reason within the manufacturer’s control under the conditions listed in the Warranty Manual. More Platinum Pact Limited Warranty Details
FIRESTONE GOLD PLEDGE LIMITED WARRANTY
The Gold Pledge Limited Warranty covers all Firestone brand passenger and light truck tires except winter, and “temporary use” spare tires. A tire covered by the Gold Pledge Limited Warranty will be replaced with an equivalent new tire either free of charge or for a pro-rated amount if the tire becomes unusable for any reason within the manufacturer’s control under the conditions listed in the Warranty Manual. More Gold Pledge Warranty Details
BASIC LIMITED WARRANTY
The Basic Limited Warranty covers all tires in the following brands:
A tire covered by the Basic Limited Warranty will be replaced with an equivalent new tire for a pro-rated purchase price if it becomes unusable for any reason within the manufacturer’s control under the following conditions:
- There is no free replacement period.
- Coverage extends up to 5 years (3 years for Primewell brand) from the date of purchase – proof of purchase date required. Without proof of purchase date, then 6 years (4 years for Primewell brand) from the date of tire manufacture. During this period, the tire will be replaced charging a pro-rated amount. To determine the replacement price, the percent of worn tread is multiplied by THE RETAILER’S selling price for the replacement tire(s) at the time of the warranty transaction. The appropriate taxes, mounting, balancing, disposal fees, and other service charges may be added to the replacement price.
- The tire must not be worn to 2/32 inch (1.6 mm) or less remaining original tread depth (i.e. worn down to the top of the built-in indicators in the tread grooves).
- Exclusions apply – as identified in the section “What This Limited Warranty Does Not Cover.”
30 DAY BUY & TRY GUARANTEE
Certain Bridgestone and Firestone brand passenger and light truck tires sold in sets of 4 or more tires through an authorized retailerare covered by the 30-Day Buy & Try Guarantee. If a retail customer is not completely satisfied with his/her eligible Bridgestone or Firestone brand tires, the tires can be returned to the location where they were originally purchased within 30 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange. Original proof of purchase is required. The 30-Day Buy & Try Guarantee applies only to full sets of tires (4 or more tires purchased together); return of less than a full set of tires will not be accepted.
Bridgestone and Firestone brand tires ineligible for the Buy & Try Guarantee:
- Winter tires (including Blizzak models)
- RFT/run-flat tires (however, Potenza RE960AS RFT tires are eligible)
- Potenza RE-01R and Potenza RE-11R tires
- Original equipment tires on new vehicles
- “Temporary use” spare tires
- Additional exclusions apply, as identified in the section “What This Limited Warranty Does Not Cover”.
WINTER TIRE AND TEMPORARY SPARE WARRANTY
A Bridgestone brand winter, or “temporary use” spare tire will be replaced with an equivalent new tire for a pro-rated amount if the tire becomes unusable for any reason within the manufacturer’s control under the conditions listed in the Warranty Manual.
OTHER BRANDS’ WARRANTIES
If you’ve purchased a passenger or light truck tire bearing one of the following brands, visit the applicable website or dial the customer service number for complete information on your warranty.
- www.bfgoodrich.com 1-877-788-8899
- www.conti-online.com 1-800-847-3349
- www.falkentire.com 1-800-723-2553
- www.generaltire.com 1-800-847-3349
- www.goodyeartires.com 1-800-466-3932
- www.michelin.com 1-866-866-6605
- www.pirellityre.com 1-800-747-3554
- www.uniroyal.com 1-877-458-5878
- www.yokohamatire.com 1-800-722-9888
SUPPLEMENTAL MILEAGE LIMITED WARRANTY
If a tire covered by the Supplemental Mileage Limited Warranty wears evenly across the tread down to the treadwear indicators – 2/32 inch (1.6 mm) – during the stated warranted mileage for that tire (as evidenced by the vehicle’s odometer), the tire will be replaced with an equivalent new tire for a pro-rated amount under the conditions listed in the Warranty Manual. Learn more on page 45 of the Warranty Manual.
ROAD HAZARD PROTECTION WARRANTY
Tires qualifying for replacement hereunder will be replaced with an equivalent new tire. If a registered tire is discontinued or not available, a tire of similar value (to be determined at the discretion of THE RETAILER), will be substituted. Mounting and balancing of a repaired or replaced tire will be free of charge.
No tire covered by this Certificate will be eligible for replacement more than once or repair more than twice during the coverage period. Coverage can be purchased for a tire that has been replaced or repaired for an additional charge and taxes, where applicable.
When the tire is worn down to 2/32nds of an inch, this Tire Replacement or Repair Certificate coverage ends. Learn more on page 49 and 50 of the Warranty Manual.
GENERAL PROVISIONS (APPLICABLE TO ALL WARRANTIES)
WHO IS COVERED BY THE WARRANTIES LISTED IN THIS DOCUMENT? This warranty covers only the original purchaser of the installed parts and/or services.
WHERE WILL THE WARRANTIES BE HONORED? Take your vehicle to the Firestone Complete Auto Care Store which sold the warrantied parts and/or service work, or any other company-owned Firestone Complete Auto Care Store in the United States. Call 1-800-LOCATE-US to find a company owned location.
HOW CAN A CLAIM BE MADE UNDER THE WARRANTIES? The original invoice from the store at which the original work was performed must be presented in order to get the benefit of the warranty.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS APPLY? The obligations undertaken in these warranties are offered only on the purchased items and conditions, and may not be enlarged or altered by anyone. This warranty document does not apply to products or vehicles used for commercial, racing, or off-road purposes, or to damage caused by abuse or accident. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BRIDGETONE RETAIL OPERATIONS, LLC, AND ITS FIRESTONE COMPLETE AUTO CARE STORES DISCLAIM LIABILTY FOR INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
CONSUMER RIGHTS: This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
GIVEN BY: Firestone Complete Auto Care Stores identified in stamp or, if none, by Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire, LLC, 535 Marriott Drive, Nashville, TN 37214.
Warranty Manual PDF (2.3 MB)