Car Battery Checkup & Service
Car Battery Services
The heart of your car's get up and go is the battery. Without a healthy battery, supported by healthy electrical systems, your car isn't going anywhere. To help keep you on the road in all weather conditions, Firestone Complete Auto Care offers a series of car battery services including a free battery checkup, a complete electric check, a virtual battery tester, and warranted battery replacement services that come complete with complimentary battery recycling.
Car Battery Checkup & Test Options
Whether you're experiencing symptoms of battery failure, or simply a wise driver who doesn't want to wait until there's a problem to take your car in for maintenance, Firestone Complete Auto Care has several car battery service options to fit your needs:
Free Battery Check with an Early Detection Analyzer
A complimentary quick diagnostic battery check is available anytime you stop in one of our 2,200-plus Firestone Complete Auto Care locations. Using our Early Detection Analyzer, Firestone technicians are able to determine your battery's health, give you an idea of how much life your battery has left, and predict the low or high temperature that may cause your battery to fail - all in a minute or less.
Complete Battery and Electric Check
Your car's battery and electrical system works as a team. It's a never-ending circle of dependence: You need the battery to kick-start the engine and electronics, and the electronics to keep the engine running and battery charged.
To help make sure your electrical components are properly supporting your battery (so that your battery can continue to properly support your electrical components), Firestone offers a complete electrical system check that includes:
- A vehicle starter analysis that checks to make sure the engine starter is drawing the proper amount of current from the battery, and the battery can handle the electrical load from the starter.
- An alternator check to determine if the alternator is generating the proper amount of current and voltage to keep your battery charged and your electrical systems performing as expected.
- A battery check to make sure voltage output is correct, since a weak or dead battery can cause significant damage to electrical system parts, like alternators and starters.
Online Virtual Battery Tester
If you don't have time to stop in for a full-service battery checkup, we also offer virtual battery testing online that allows you to estimate the amount of time you have left on your battery from the convenience of your home computer. Just visit our Virtual Car Battery Tester page, enter your vehicle's year, make, model, engine type, and zip code and we'll give you an immediate battery-expiration estimate based on the age of your car battery and the conditions of the region you drive in.
Car Battery Charging
An experienced tech at Firestone Complete Auto Care will test your battery with our car battery charging equipment and load testing diagnostic tools. If the results of your auto battery checkup indicates that your battery is not up to the original equipment manufacturer's specifications, it's a simple process to have your car battery replaced the same-day on site. Just purchase the Interstate battery you would like, our auto technicians will install the new battery and properly recycle your old battery.
There are three Interstate batteries to choose from: See all three Interstate battery options.
Typically, car battery installations come with a small fee and include:
- An inspection of the battery tray, bolts, ends, and cables to make sure all battery components are in quality condition.
- Care to ensure power to your car's electronics, computers and engine control unit (ECU) are maintained during installation.
- Battery cable ends are coated with anti-corrosion spray.
- Installation of anti-corrosion pads on battery cable ends.
- An Open Circuit Voltage (OCV) check on your new battery to make sure the OCV is at 12.5 volts or higher before installation. (If OCV is below 12.5 volts, we'll charge the new battery before installation.)
- Removal and environmentally conscious recycling of the old car battery.
Car Battery Warranty Information
All of our Interstate batteries come complete with maintenance-free performance warranties and limited-time free replacement. The amount of time for the warranty and free replacement window varies depending on which of our three Interstate Batteries you select. To learn more about our battery options and their unique warranty specifications, visit the Firestone Complete Auto Care batteries page or your local Firestone Complete Auto Care store today.