We’ll help keep your vehicle running newer, longer by providing you with complete electrical system maintenance and replacement options.
Battery TestingGet Fast & Free Car Battery Testing
Don’t let a dead battery catch you by surprise. Stop by Firestone for a free battery check today!
Battery Testing & Checkup Options
Your battery is the heart of your car’s “get up and go.” Without a healthy battery supported by healthy electrical systems, your car isn’t going anywhere. To help keep you on the road in all weather conditions, hot or cold, Firestone Complete Auto Care offers a variety of battery testing, replacement, and recycling services, including free battery checkups, complete electrical inspections, a virtual battery tester, and warrantied battery replacement services that always come with free battery recycling.
Whether you’re experiencing symptoms of battery failure, like a slow engine crank, or simply prefer to stay ahead of major problems with little acts of preventative car maintenance, we have a car battery test for you!
1. Free Battery Test with an Early Detection Analyzer
A complimentary quick diagnostic battery check is available anytime you stop by one of our 1,700-plus Firestone Complete Auto Care locations. Using our Early Detection Analyzer, Firestone technicians are able to determine your battery's health, give you an idea of how much “life” your battery has left, and predict the low or high temperature that may cause your battery to fail - all in a minute or less.
2. Complete Battery and Electrical System Check
Your car’s battery and electrical system work as a team, and you can’t have one without the other. You need the battery to kick-start the engine and electronics, and the electronics to keep the engine running and the battery charged. It’s a never-ending circle of dependence.
To help make sure your car’s electrical components are properly supporting your battery (so that the battery can continue to support the electrical components), Firestone Complete Auto Care offers a complete electrical system check that includes:
- A Vehicle Starter Analysis: To make sure the engine starter is drawing the proper amount of current from the battery and that the battery can handle the electrical load from the starter.
- An Alternator Check: To determine if the alternator is generating the proper amount of current and voltage to keep your battery charged and your electrical systems performing as expected.
- A Battery Check: To make sure voltage output is correct, since a weak or dead battery can cause significant damage to electrical system parts, like alternators and starters.
3. Online Virtual Battery Tester
Don’t have time for a full-service battery check up right now? We also offer virtual battery testing online, 24/7! Our virtual battery tester allows you to estimate the amount of life that may be left in your car's battery, right from the convenience of your home computer or smartphone.
In the Virtual Car Battery Tester below, simply enter your vehicle’s year, make, model, engine type, and zip code, and we’ll give you an immediate battery-expiration estimate based on the age of your battery and the conditions of the region you drive in. Keep in mind that our Virtual Battery Tester can only provide a general estimate when it comes to how much longer your battery may last. For instance, our virtual battery tester can't tell you what your battery's voltage is, and a fully charged automotive battery should measure at 12.6 volts or above. At your local Firestone Complete Auto Care, one of our expert technicians can measure your battery's voltage, provide you with a much more exact timeframe for your battery's life, as well as the precise high and low temperatures that may trigger a battery failure.
CAR BATTERY CHARGING
An experienced tech at Firestone Complete Auto Care will test your battery with our car battery charging equipment and load testing diagnostic tools. If the results of your auto battery checkup indicates that your battery is not up to the original equipment manufacturer's specifications, it's a simple process to have your car battery replaced the same-day on site. Just purchase the Interstate battery you would like, our auto technicians will install the new battery and properly recycle your old battery.
We offer several Interstate batteries to choose from: See all Interstate battery options.
Typically, car battery installations come with a small fee and include:
- An inspection of the battery tray, bolts, ends, and cables to make sure all battery components are in quality condition.
- Care to ensure power to your car's electronics, computers and engine control unit (ECU) are maintained during installation.
- An Open Circuit Voltage (OCV) check on your new battery to make sure the OCV is at 12.5 volts or higher before installation. (If OCV is below 12.5 volts, we'll charge the new battery before installation.)
- Removal and environmentally conscious recycling of the old car battery.
CAR BATTERY WARRANTY INFORMATION
All of our Interstate batteries come complete with maintenance-free performance warranties and limited-time free replacement. The amount of time for the warranty and free replacement window varies depending on which of our Interstate Batteries you select. To learn more about our battery options and their unique warranty specifications, visit the Firestone Complete Auto Care batteries page or your local Firestone Complete Auto Care store today.