Tire Warranty Options
This Limited Warranty covers new BRIDGESTONE, FIRESTONE and PRIMEWELL brand passenger and light truck tires. See “Other Brands’ Warranties” section below for applicable warranty information on different brand passenger or light truck tires purchased from Bridgestone or Firestone locations.
This Limited Warranty only applies to the original purchaser, and is valid if all the following apply:
- The tire was purchased after December 1, 2016.
- The tire is a size and speed rating equivalent to or greater than that specified by the vehicle manufacturer.
- The tire has been used only on the vehicle on which it was originally installed.
- The tire has not been used in commercial service (exception: certain coverage applies to Bridgestone Duravis and Firestone Transforce tires if used in commercial service).
BRIDGESTONE PLATINUM PACT LIMITED WARRANTY
The Platinum Pact Limited Warranty covers all Bridgestone brand passenger and light truck tires – except winter, and “temporary use” spare tires. A tire covered by the Platinum Pact Limited Warranty will be replaced with an equivalent new tire either free of charge or for a pro-rated amount if the tire becomes unusable for any reason within the manufacturer’s control under the conditions listed in the Warranty Manual. More Platinum Pact Limited Warranty Details
FIRESTONE GOLD PLEDGE LIMITED WARRANTY
The Gold Pledge Limited Warranty covers all Firestone brand passenger and light truck tires except winter, and “temporary use” spare tires. A tire covered by the Gold Pledge Limited Warranty will be replaced with an equivalent new tire either free of charge or for a pro-rated amount if the tire becomes unusable for any reason within the manufacturer’s control under the conditions listed in the Warranty Manual. More Gold Pledge Warranty Details
BASIC LIMITED WARRANTY
The Basic Limited Warranty covers all tires in the following brands:
A tire covered by the Basic Limited Warranty will be replaced with an equivalent new tire for a pro-rated purchase price if it becomes unusable for any reason within the manufacturer’s control under the following conditions:
- There is no free replacement period.
- Coverage extends up to 4 years from the date of purchase – proof of purchase date required. Without proof of purchase date, then 5 years from the date of tire manufacture. During this period, the tire will be replaced charging a prorated amount. To determine the replacement price, the percent of worn tread is multiplied by THE RETAILER’S selling price for the replacement tire(s) at the time of the warranty transaction. The appropriate taxes, mounting, balancing, disposal fees, and other service charges may be added to the replacement price.
- The tire must not be worn to 2/32 inch (1.6 mm) or less remaining original tread depth (i.e. worn down to the top of the built-in indicators in the tread grooves).
- Exclusions apply as identified in the Warranty Manual.”
30 DAY BUY & TRY GUARANTEE
Certain Bridgestone and Firestone brand passenger and light truck tires sold in sets of 4 or more tires through an authorized retailer are covered by the 30-Day Buy & Try Guarantee. If a retail customer is not completely satisfied with his/her eligible Bridgestone or Firestone brand tires, the tires can be returned to the location where they were originally purchased within 30 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange. Original proof of purchase is required. The 30-Day Buy & Try Guarantee applies only to full sets of tires (4 or more tires purchased together); return of less than a full set of tires will not be accepted.
Bridgestone and Firestone brand tires ineligible for the Buy & Try Guarantee:
- Winter tires (including Blizzak models)
- RFT/run-flat tires (however, DriveGuard and Potenza RE960AS RFT and Turanza EL400 RFT tires are eligible)
- Potenza RE-11A, Potenza RE-11R and Potenza RE71R tires
- Original equipment tires on new vehicles
- “Temporary use” spare tires
- Additional exclusions apply as identified in the Warranty Manual
WINTER TIRE AND TEMPORARY SPARE WARRANTY
A Bridgestone or Firestone brand winter or “temporary use” spare tire will be replaced with an equivalent new tire for a pro-rated purchase price if the tire becomes unusable for any reason within the manufacturer’s control under the conditions listed in the warranty manual.
OTHER BRANDS’ WARRANTIES
If you’ve purchased a passenger or light truck tire bearing one of the following brands, visit the applicable website or dial the customer service number for complete information on your warranty.
- www.bfgoodrich.com 1-877-788-8899
- www.conti-online.com 1-800-847-3349
- www.falkentire.com 1-800-723-2553
- www.generaltire.com 1-800-847-3349
- www.goodyeartires.com 1-800-466-3932
- www.michelin.com 1-866-866-6605
- www.pirellityre.com 1-800-747-3554
- www.uniroyal.com 1-877-458-5878
- www.yokohamatire.com 1-800-722-9888
- www.toyotires.com 1-800-442-8696
SUPPLEMENTAL MILEAGE LIMITED WARRANTY
If a tire covered by the Supplemental Mileage Limited Warranty wears evenly across the tread down to the treadwear indicators – 2/32 inch (1.6 mm) – during the stated warranted mileage for that tire (as evidenced by the vehicle’s odometer), the tire will be replaced with an equivalent new tire for a pro-rated amount under the conditions listed in the Warranty Manual. Learn more by reviewing the Supplemental Warranty Details.
ROAD HAZARD PROTECTION WARRANTY
Tires qualifying for replacement hereunder will be replaced with an equivalent new tire. If a registered tire is discontinued or not available, a tire of similar value (to be determined at the discretion of THE RETAILER), will be substituted. Mounting and balancing of a repaired or replaced tire will be free of charge.
No tire covered by this Certificate will be eligible for replacement more than once or repair more than twice during the coverage period. Coverage can be purchased for a tire that has been replaced or repaired for an additional charge and taxes, where applicable.
When the tire is worn down to 2/32nds of an inch, this Tire Replacement or Repair Certificate coverage ends. Learn more more about our Road Hazard Protection Warranty.
GENERAL PROVISIONS (APPLICABLE TO ALL WARRANTIES)
WHERE TO GO
Tire adjustments under this Limited Warranty will only be made at an authorized Bridgestone, Firestone, and Associated Brands retailer. Consult a phone directory (often listed in the Yellow Pages under Tire Dealers) or at BridgestoneTire.com for the location nearest you. Authorized Bridgestone and Firestone RFT retailers can also be located by calling toll-free: 1-877-BFS-4RFT. For adjustment consideration, please visit your nearest Firestone Complete Auto Care, Tires Plus, Hibdon Tires Plus, Michel Tires Plus, or Wheel Works location.
This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
CONDITIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
To the extent permitted by law, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC disclaims all other warranties, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and any liability for incidental and consequential damages, loss of time, loss of vehicle use, or inconvenience. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This Limited Warranty applies only to consumers using the tire in the United States. For warranty conditions outside the United States, see your local Bridgestone or Firestone distributor.
Obligations under this policy may not be enlarged or altered by anyone.
In accordance with Federal Law, this Limited Warranty has been designated as a “Limited Warranty.” Nothing in this Limited Warranty is intended to be a representation that tire failures cannot occur. This Limited Warranty is given by Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC, 535 Marriott Dr ., Nashville, TN 37214.
In order to keep this Limited Warranty valid, we require you to have your tires regularly inspected and rotated per the recommendations outlined in the sections of this manual entitled “Tire Damage, Inspection, and Service Life” and “Radial Tire Rotation,” and to furnish proof of same in order to receive an adjustment. Such proof should show the date, mileage, and servicing location. A sales receipt containing this information will suffice. In addition, a “Tire Maintenance Record” is included in this manual.
Tires must be operated at the proper tire inflation pressures as specified by the vehicle manufacturer and within tire/ vehicle load capacity and speed limitations. It is also your obligation to maintain proper wheel alignment and tire/wheel assembly balance.
To request an adjustment, you must present the tire to an authorized retailer. Complete and sign the customer section of the Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC Limited Warranty adjustment form and pay appropriate replacement price, taxes, disposal fee, and service charges, if any.
Details on arbitration can be found in the warranty manual.
Maintenance and Safety Manual PDF (2.3 MB)
Warranty Details (2.3 MB)