ASE-Certified Technicians near you
VISIT A FIRESTONE COMPLETE AUTO CARE STORE NEAR YOU AND DISCOVER THE DIFFERENCE WE MAKE.
ASE Certified Technicians
ASE Certified technicians have the credentials to thoroughly diagnose, service and or properly repair your vehicle. ASE Certified technicians are able to handle the challenging mechanical tasks and automotive repairs required on your vehicle so that you can safely continue your travels with a car that runs newer, longer.
WHAT IS ASE CERTIFICATION?
ASE stands for Automotive Service Excellence automotive technicians with these distinguished credentials are skilled at handling challenging mechanical service and maintenance. ASE-certified technicians and mechanics earn national certification by meeting experience quotas and completing specialty exams. ASE certified mechanics must also recertify every five years, guaranteeing their knowledge is fresh.
TYPES OF ASE CERTIFICATION
There are over 40 specialty certification exams that focus on a specific automotive area. ASE certification exams can include any of the following automotive focuses:
- Auto Maintenance
- Engine Repair
- Automatic Transmission and Transaxles
- Manual Drive Train and Axles
- Suspension and Steering
- Electrical/Electronic Systems
- Light Repair
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- Engine Performance
- Light Vehicle Diesel
- Painting and Refinishing
- Non-Structural Analysis and Damage Repair
- Structural Analysis and Damage Repair
- Mechanical & Electrical Components
- Damage Analysis and Estimating
- Automobile Service Consulting
- Truck Equipment Installation and Repair
- Electrical/Electronic Systems Installation and Repair
- Auxiliary Power Systems Installation and Repair
- Alternate Fuels Certification Test
- Compressed Natural Gas Engines
- Diesel Engines
- Drive Train
- Preventive Maintenance and Inspection
- Body Systems and Special Equipment
- Air Conditioning Systems and Controls
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO GET ASE CERTIFIED?
- There are 40+ specialty certification exams that each focus on a specific auto mechanic areas
- In order to earn an ASE Certification, it requires that you have at least two years of relevant work experience in the auto mechanic industry or receiving relevant training.
- Additionally, a recertification every five years is required in order to continue to hold an ASE Certification.
AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE TECHNICIANS
When your car is handled by an ASE certified automotive service technician, you can have the utmost confidence with service one of Firestone Complete Auto Care's experienced professionals is making sure your car inspection and service is at its best. Firestone proudly employs over 3,500 Automotive Technicians with ASE Certified credentials to thoroughly diagnose, service and or properly repair your vehicle. Visit one of our 1,700 locations and experience the difference of working with ASE certified technicians that are committed to keeping your car running newer, longer.