Fuel System Cleaning
We have over 2,200 ASE-certified TECHNICIANS
FUEL SYSTEM CLEANING
THREE SHOPS IN ONE, COMMITTED TO KEEPING YOUR CAR RUNNING NEWER, STRONGER, LONGER.
Improve engine performance and gas mileage with a fuel system cleaning service from Firestone Complete Auto Care. Because the filter, fuel pump and fuel injectors are all part of an interconnected system, these parts can get clogged with dirt and debris. A fuel injector cleaner is used to clean out all of the dirt, debris and build up in your fuel system. A clogged fuel system can damage other engine parts, which can quickly lead to deteriorated performance, fuel economy, and a complete engine shutdown if not regularly maintained.
Inside every engine you'll find a fuel system that consists of a fuel filter, fuel pump, and fuel injectors. These three critical components work together to make sure that fuel travels from the fuel tank, to your engine's fuel injectors, and atomizes perfectly into the engine. This allows the correct air / fuel mixture to optimally combust upon spark and power your vehicle.
Because the filter, pump and fuel injectors are all part of an interconnected system, dirt and debris can clog one part of the fuel system. This can lead to damage with other engine parts, which can quickly lead to deteriorated performance or complete engine shutdown if not regularly maintained.
For this reason we highly recommend coming in for a fuel system cleaning annually, or as recommended by your vehicle manufacturer and your vehicle owner's manual.
FUEL SYSTEM CLEANING SERVICES
There are eight steps in the Firestone Complete Auto Care fuel system cleaning service:
- Clean the fuel system from the gas tank by adding a premium formula fuel system cleaner.
- Fuel injector cleaning or carburetor cleaning, intake valves, and combustion chambers with fuel system cleaner.
- Use fuel system cleaner to purge water from the fuel system.
- Lubricate valves, cylinders, injectors, and rings.
- Remove varnish, dirt, carbon and other deposits from the throttle body and throttle plate.
- Lubricate the throttle body and throttle moving parts with a corrosion inhibitor to prevent scoring and future deposit buildup.
- Dissolve deposits from the engine’s intake manifold and runners, valves, and combustion chambers with a two-stage intake deposit cleaner.
- Leave residual engine cleaner in engine to soften hard carbon deposits over time and reduce long term build-up in catalytic convertor.
Engine tune-up parts and replacement components are available at Firestone Complete Auto Care.
DO YOU HAVE A FUEL INJECTOR CLEANING SERVICE
We recognized that clog-free fuel injectors are necessary if you want a car that moves. For this reason we have a fuel injector cleaning service built right into our standard fuel system cleaning service.
WHEN DO I NEED A FUEL SYSTEM OR FUEL INJECTOR CLEANING?
We work hard to make sure it’s easy for you to receive guidance from a Firestone Complete Auto Care technician. If you’re not sure if your fuel system needs a cleaning, we’d be happy to take a look in-person at any of our 1,700-plus Firestone Complete Auto Care stores.